Monday, August 2, 2010

Hey, thanks, MACHINE


I would say I check my email one million times a day. Who knows what I'm even looking for? At the rate I check, I should literally be expecting a minute-by-minute update, from God, on every single Chinese person in the world. Sometimes, when I sign onto Gmail to check and read dozens of mail, I put make myself "invisible" on Gchat. I do this because sometimes absolutely everyone wants to talk to me and I don't want to spread myself too thin. Even though I know I chose to be invisible, I still find it really obnoxious when my email tells me I'm invisible like its fucking challenging my identity. "You are invisible." and then right there it also says "Go visible." I don't want an email account that insinuates.

You know how in the beginning of anti-depression ads some slightly overweight white woman goes, "Sometimes it feels like I have no reason to get up in the morning." Ok, well I literally have no reason to get up in the morning and then I sign onto to check my email and my computer tells me I'm invisible. Hey, thanks, MACHINE.

Like how come when your computer fucks up--not you; you did absolutely nothing wrong--the only options are "Ok" or "Cancel"? This inanimate object just lost all of your fucking work and the only options are "Sweet/Awesome" or "Whatever."

No comments:

Post a Comment