Monday, August 9, 2010

Special world of love

I always have a good weekend when I get to dance. I do "just want to dance." Here's a little thing dane doesn't address: the dance floor makeout. It's been argued to me that dance floor make outs don't count as cheating because its OBVIOUSLY just like a dance move: I'm just going to twirl you and then ah! my tongues in your mouth! But it's to the beat, so it's okay.

There's another element too. If you getting caraaazy dancin' with your girlfriends, and you look over and there are people making out on the dancefloor no one will every say, "Wow they are soooo in love. What passion." No, it's: "OMG she is such slut. Can't she just like have fun and not be a slut? NO. They are being ridiculous; it's gross. But if it's you. You do not think it's gross. In fact, you're probably pretty sure that absolutely no one can see you, like making out gives you special invisibility powers, or you've been transformed to the final scene of a movie where there's a make out at the school dance and the camera pans out and they are in their own special world of love.

I actually got my first kiss at a 6th grade dance. I'd been swing dancing with him and then we were all hanging out by the pretzels and soda, and he learned over and kissed me on the cheek. Let me preface this by saying that my mother had repeatedly been like, YOU ONLY HAVE ONE REPUTATION, and I did not want to be a sluze. So my boyfriend of like four fucking months leans over and plants one on my cheek and I said, "OMG I do not want to move that fast."

2 comments: