Tuesday, October 19, 2010

CAN YOU HEAR ME?

You know some of my thoughts  about the elevator,  but I think its time for new reflections. Have you ever been in the elevator--obviously its very crowded--and someone's phone starts ringing. Of course, they have no idea where they put it in their sweet cargo pants so they start patting themselves down like a tan white person going through security at the airport. 

Then when they find it they pick it up and  instead of turning the sound off, they stare at the screen for an unknown reason, and then they do do this: they say, "Hey! I'm in the elevator! CAN YOU HEAR ME?" 

Hey, I can hear you. Oh, yes, its me in the elevator with you. When you considered not answering, or even just turning the sound off, but didn't want me to miss out, you guessed accurately: I'm very invested in your personal life. Not only is it more interesting than mine but also , told extra loud, it sounds a lot more fun too. I will take note. 


No comments:

Post a Comment