Saturday, April 10, 2010

Window imagery

Sorry, it’s been a while. I've been in transit.

While I was on the plane I started reading my sister’s book from school and there were lots of little notes in the margin. The books I read for school always started off with the most ambitious annotations. From pages 1 to 10 they would be really fucking elaborate and a clear attempt to seem insightful. Then, once page 15 hit, it was all over. It’s not that the notes would stop, but they would be ridiculous. I was like scared to lend anyone my book incase they legitimately thought I was retarded. They looked like this:

“‘I am so angry!” he said, with lots of anger”: ANGRY

“She didn’t know what to do, there were a lot of choices”: Making a decision

“The house had a lot of windows”: Window imagery

This obviously gave me a lot to work with when I went back through my book. It's not even that they were stupid, there was like no point, at all, to put them in. I mean OBVIOUSLY they did lead to really impressive comments in class, “Did you notice the house had windows? Yeah, window imagery, I saw that and then I wrote it down. You're lucky I did because now I can share it with you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment