Friday, April 2, 2010

All the really bad parts of Slumdog Millionaire

“The first night, sitting in my nearby hotel, I felt like I wanted to run over, pick her up, and get her an iced coffee. I didn’t want to interfere with her experience, but I had trouble minding my own business” Screenwriter Tracy Jackson quoted in the NYPOST, regarding sending her daughter for a reality check in India.

My daughter had like a mill Hermes purses and like a bajill Manolos and so I was like, “Enough is enough,” you are going to fucking India because people are fucking poor and you should know. Plus, I heard they have great markets and cheap silver. But then like when we got there it really awful because it was just like all the really bad parts of Slumdog Millionaire and none of the cool ones.

I started to get really worried that she was going to start wearing a little red dot on her forehead, which would have looked cool for a bit, but then like she had converted or something, and like, when I make a documentary about this, I don't want people to think this is some Eat, Pray, Love stuff, even thought that is absolutely where I got the idea from. I saw those beads on the the cover of the book and immediately thought, "Where can I get those?"

All I wanted to do was bring my daughter a nice Iced Coffee Frappaccino Light because it was way too hot for a real coffee, and also ice coffee is great because, like everyone knows, caffeine is an appetite suppressant. And if you’re going to India you better get thin while you’re there. Plus, during the day she was trekking around teaching English and she immediately changed. She called me over and was like, “Ummmm let’s get these kids some Toms shoes STAT” I know she would have given them her Toms from Topshop but they were the new silver ones so I totally understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment