Thursday, April 15, 2010

It seems unlikely NY loves you.

“You love NY, but does NY love you?” –from an ad on the internet for Enoughalreadyny.org

I’ll be honest, this wasn’t something I’d ever really thought about, like I genuinely wasn’t concerned whether a geographic location loved me. LUCKILY, there are a lot of people who feel compelled to post their thoughts on the website and I’ve provided some additional comments (obvs). (Also, it’s debatable if it was necessary to include the tag line at the end of their posts).

Down on the concrete jungle
I love NY but at the moment I'm feeling mistreated by her. Enough is enough. Enough Already NY!

Listen NY, when I was walking the other day I wanted to cross the street, and it said Don’t Walk on both sides. What THE HELL was I supposed to do you, you CONCRETE JUNGLE you’re just made of concrete and other shit. Yeah, you’re not even a real fucking jungle. Straight-up concrete; like your heart.


MTA TAX
I am self-employed, do not use public transportation, do not do business in NYC, don't have any employees and don't even have a storefront. Yet I am supposed to pay a tax to support the MTA? Enough Already NY!

Yeah, it’s true, I don’t “do” public transportation because I don’t want a bunch of fucks grinding up against me and I’m sure not going to pay for THEM to get to work. And, to be honest, I took the subway once and I had to swipe my metrocard five times, at the same turnstall. I wasn’t pleased.

Mental health counselor
I trust that you enjoyed your extended holiday. While you were fiddling, Rome was burning. Enough Already NY!

Quit fiddling, Rome is on fire. NY, you masturbating shit.

(okaaaay, Crazy).

No comments:

Post a Comment