Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Their hands were READY

Last night I went and saw Jersey Boys with my family. I definitely recommend going; it’s very good. Ok, whatever, NOW: I recommend not sitting behind a bunch of fucks, although this will probably be out of your control. Sitting in front of us, so basically within slapping distance, were people who liked to clap. Now I don’t mean at the end, I mean at the beginning of every single fucking song. I’m serious.

It didn’t matter if the song was slow or maybe a little faster: their hands were READY. And, since it was a musical, they were always sort of clapping. It’s like they would start to clap, realize it wasn’t picking up, quit, and then another song would start (shocking) and they would be like, “YES! a new opportunity!” Then, right behind me, were people who went "wooooooo" like they were a fucking train, every time a song ended.

It’s like when you go to a concert, which you have paid money for because you want to hear the musician, and then they stop the song at the chorus and hold the mike out to the audience so you can sing.The problem is then compounded because the audience is like “yaaa we’re like soo devoted we can sing the whole song” and then they keep going and they shouldn’t because that was the “deal” when you bought your ticket.

1 comment: