Monday, March 15, 2010

Books

People also ask me what I'm reading and what to read. So, with that in mind, here is a list void--for the most part--of unprecedented sarcasm (I'm not trying to turn this into a book blog, I'll just throw this stuff in once in awhile). I've sort of borrowed the format from Nick Hornby's old column in The Believer.

Currently reading:
2666 by Roberto Bolano

Just read:
Let The Great World Spin by Colum McCann
Light Years by James Salter
The Untouchable by John Bainville

Books that sit by my bed because I DID start them but then got distracted:
Herzog by Saul Bellow
A Good Soldier by Ford Maddox Ford

Books I bought to feel good about myself but have no intention of reading soon:
Sabbath's Dinner by Philip Roth
Underworld by Don DeLillo

Book that seems ambitious but I like to think about reading:
The Museum of Innocence by Orhan Pamuk

1 comment:

  1. I actually just opened DeLillo's Underworld.

    (read: after the rain storm last weekend the book that had been sitting on my windowsill since xmas got drenched and i had to open and lay it out so the pages could dry. So i have now officially "just opened" Underworld...)

    ReplyDelete