Monday, July 12, 2010

Wait, a baby is on board

SO COMPLACENT

I was in Nantucket over July 4th and everywhere I looked I saw people wearing "life is good" t-shirts. My friend and I even saw a jeep with "life is good" on the wheel thing in the back. And, now that I'm sensitive to this message, I've been seeing them in NY too.

So fucking arrogant. Yeah, I'm stoked your life is good but what about everyone else? People who wear them are usually self-consciously optimistic: "Should I wear Tevas with socks? Hell yeah!" No, you shouldn't. I don't understand why they feel the need to brag.And not only do they brag, but that fucking stick figure is bragging too. It is the most complacent and smug stick figure I have ever seen. Ooh I'm just a stick figure but I get to wear a baseball cap! Now I'm in a boat! Now I kayaking! Look I'm a baby! I've got on sunglasses AND hat! Hurray!

If they have a "life is good" shirt or cap or shorts or some other stupid shit, they probably have a "Baby on Board" sign in their car. Why do people put those up? Like, I was driving really fucking fast and then I saw your car, I was just about to ram the shit out of it and then I saw your sign and said, "Wait, a baby is on board. This is no average car. Let me adjust my driving immediately."

No comments:

Post a Comment