Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I am, as they say, 'in demand.'

I'm definitely a fan of texting. For example, "What are you doing right now?" warrants a text message and not a long conversation about how everyone's feeling, which really results in the same question. Ok, fine. I've just been made aware of a new text message. People have started to text when they don't even need to. The text is like, completely unnecessary and pointless. It's not that it's mean, there is literally just no point in communicating. Here's a variety of interpretations I've been thinking about.

"Hey, what are you doing? I just got somewhere really fucking cool and will likely not be able to return any sort of text message but let me just text you so that you know that."

"Hey, I just got somewhere full of people. And not only are there numerous people at this hip hopping party but they are also very loud people. I'll try to call you in a minute. You can hear them. "

"Yo, I am so busy. Are you as busy as I am? To be honest, I'm shocked I had a chance to reach out to you at the moment because I am, as they say, 'in demand.' Oh, who's "they?" My enormous group of friends."

"Where are you? I'm at a club where they will allow no one to leave or come in. Give me your specific location. I cannot meet you. Before I forget: this is the best club. Ever."


No comments:

Post a Comment