Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Anything could happen

Has this ever happened to you: You'll be listening to a song and think, "Gee, I really like this song," then you'll tell someone about it and they'll say something like this, "Yeah...but did you know it's really about murder/death/some other really depressing thing you hadn't thought of."


Like, for example, this happened recently during my obsession with Ellie Goulding's "Anything Could Happen." I was really digging this tune (I say "digging" now, someone please force me to stop) and listening to it on repeat at work. It really made me feel like "Oh, this day is full of potential and promise." FALSE this song is not uplifting, it's about a car crash. It's not: Anything could happen, you might meet the love of your life who is really funny and smart and totally wants to be in a relationship right now. It's: Anything could happen, you might get in a car crash. Thanks, Ellie. I really needed that. Awesome. *

This happened really unexpectedly to me two days ago, while I was listening to Christmas carols with my family. I was really enjoying the Christmas spirit and then 'God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen' came on and I hear this, "To free all those who trust in him from Satan's power and might." Merry Christmas -- Don't forget about Satan.

*Watch the video. It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment