Monday, February 14, 2011

2. The Subway

You might think I couldn't possibly have any more to say about the subway. You would be wrong.

I was on the subway with my friend yesterday. Here's the friend sitch: He thinks music in the subway is awesome, I think it is the most annoying thing in the whole world. We've talked about it.

I hate when people play music on the subway--and they'll play super fucking loud--and then I have to avert my eyes or pretend that my headphones are fucking magic and there's no way I can hear whats going on because I'm already listening to some pretty cool jams. This is what happens yesterday:

Two Jamaican drum players come on the subway, one sets up two bongo drums and the other one has his guitar. And this is real life: They start calling out people on the subway who don't say hello:
"You reading the magazine, how are you? You not going to say anything? You're really not, you're rude." "Hey who can send us some positive energy?" This is was my worst nightmare realized.

Obviously the last thing I was going to send them was some positive energy, but you know who was? My friend, he sent them positive energy FedEx. So then when they start playing AND THIS IS FUCKING REAL they throw him a samba shaker so he can keep the beat in shakes.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I HATE when people force music on you in the subway! It's too much conflicting noise, with your own headphones, the overhead announcement, people talking, and the words you're reading. So glad I drive to work now...

    ReplyDelete