Thursday, June 17, 2010

I know it's cool, I've already copied them

This story is not a joke: Last night my friend and I decided to go and see Get Him to the Greek. I was pretty excited. So we get there, we’re waiting in line, and my friend goes up to buy her ticket first. And the movie dude was like, “Can I see some ID please.” Luckily she had her ID, but I did not; and we got turned away. I wanted to be like: Excuuuuse me sir. I am 23! Yea, thats right, and the government says I can buy alcohol, and cigarettes and maybe just the tiniest bit of "marijuana" if I want. Not to mention the fact that I am totes old enough to watch people fuck and do drugs on screen because I know it's cool and I've already copied them.

Just as a friendly reminder: YOU HAVE TO BE 17 to get into Rated-R movies. It was like getting into bar when we were 17: Heey, it’s me. Yea, Loews Orpheum 7 is totally carding tonight. Sucks. Maybe we should hit up City Cinemas? They’re usually pretty easy. Or AMC? I don’t know my friends went to AMC last night and said the ticket guy was being pretty strict.

When I was much younger Rated-R movies were a point of serious pride. Like: "What'd you do last night?" "I watched a Rated-R movie." In fact, when I was in like 7th grade my friend’s mom found her fake ID and she said, “It’s so I can get into Rated-R movies” APPARENTLY that was a good idea.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, that shit is wacked. I now have proof that they actually do card for R movies (sometimes). I thought it was a myth, like unicorns or something. Huh.

    ReplyDelete