Sunday, October 4, 2009

Of course, I understand, it's just that I really want to explain my problem to you again because people are waiting behind me

Did you ever realize that, whenever you're in a rush, the most annoying, stupid, incompetent person is standing right in front of you? This can happen in everyday events like walking to the subway, walking to work, it came happen anywhere: lucky you. Usually, when I’m in a rush, I develop a personal vendetta against whoever the fuck is slowing me down. I sort of decided they are doing it on purpose. Why do you also want to go down that street?! Where could you possibly be going?!

But you know what, sometimes I think people are doing it on purpose. I was at the post office the other day and I was there to mail some seriously heavy shit. So I get in line, which is not that long for the first time, and I'm pretty happy about it because, like I said, I was exercising in a way—lifting weights. As it turns out, the person in front of me is one of those people who likes to reiterate their problem but also the fact that they understand that it's not the person behind the counters fault. Let me go into extensive detail because I can, because I was there listening, so I know EVERYTHING. So poor little Timmy had ordered a book for class but it wasn’t there yet, the post office had called to tell him that it would be there but, oh no! It wasn’t yet! Ah! Fuck! And it was really hard for him because he had to read it for a class on Monday. So he goes over this problem a million times, pointing out the details on the note given to him, etc, and then he does something like this—these are the segway words you have to be careful of: “Yeah, its just that----:” If you hear those words, you are fucked because it means they are about to start the whole thing over again. Or, “Yeah I know it's not your fault but WAIT let me reiterate the entire thing for you so I can prove that I know it’s not your fault because I am a frustrated yet compassionate and understanding customer” And then I think, “Oh, thank goodness, because you may have noticed I’m standing behind you so it’s harder to hear what you're saying. Oh, yes, that’s me the one with the big packages. Yes, it's true I’ve heard them described as “heavy” and “big.” It’s because it’s a lot of books. But don’t worry, I’m toning my arms and I really want to make sure you have enough time to fix things up with your pal behind the counter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment