Monday, October 5, 2009

Is that your adult sized scooter out there?

What do you think about adults on scooters? Let’s take a poll. Oh wait, this is the perfect forum for a fake dialogue and an opinionated person. Poll= It’s not okay for adults to be on scooters. I’m sorry, but that’s it. I’m not talking about those little Razor scooters, but honestly could you imagine that?—I mean the electronic ones. I think anything that you ride while standing perfectly erect (obviously things could get dirty here but lets be grown ups) isn’t cool. When you are in a forward motion, you should not be perpendicular to anything. Think of it as a rule. This is probably why people look so fucking ridiculous: because riding a scooter is admitting that you have no physical capabilities whatsoever. “Scootering” is what Klosterman thought soccer was. (There you go, gooch). If you’re not down with public transportation, bike, and if you can’t bike, walk, OR if you feel like making no effort just stand still and the ground beneath you will move. You should wear a helmet though because you never know, the breeze could seriously fuck up your hair. Plus, you have to try and trick everyone into thinking you are actually being dangerous and bad ass. You are fooling no one. Imagine... "Hey you, how'd you get here so fast?" "Just hopped on my scooter. Didn't even peddle. Didn't need to: it's electronic. Check out my helmet." By the way, I tried to get a great picture from google images but I couldn't. People are just too embarrassed. Or they're moving so fast no one can catch them.

1 comment:

  1. Which is a best and well designed adult scooter that can handle uneven sidewalks. I need something stable and easy to steer. Any recommendations?

    ReplyDelete