Monday, January 17, 2011

Collector's Edition


I was up in the Adirondacks this weekend and noticed a collector's edition of Jenga sitting by the game area. This made me start thinking about "Colletcor's Editions" what is the the deal? Like, here is some random crap but you know what? Now we're going to put this crap in a very special package so you can collect it. Hey, thanks. I wanted to play Jenga, but I wanted to play Jenga with John Deere stamped all over it. Why? Because I'm a Jenga collector and I don't fuck around with packaging.

Collecting is sort of weird to begin with. When I still played with barbies in like 9th grade, I'd always say, "I just collect the special edition barbies." What? NO. I played with Barbies, all of the Barbies. I would buy the ones in the special boxes to keep up the facade, and then I would take them out of their box and create lots of scenarios and change their clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment