Monday, May 10, 2010

Hahaha

Before I went to boarding school I got an email from my new roommate, just checking in saying hello etc...It read sort of like this:

Hey!!!!!! How are you?!!!!!! I am SOOO excited to room with you!!!! What do you want to bring?!!!

I was like genuinely concerned about her levels of enthusiasm. Can you imagine talking to someone who actually speaks like every sentence is the best thing in the whole wide world? (or like they are absolutely doing coke).

To be honest though, I’ve started using a total excess of ! and also “Haha,” like everything I read is the fucking funniest and most excited thing EVER “Are you going out tonight?” “Yeah, haha” Why the haha? I have no idea. It’s not like anything is funny about the exchange AT ALL. Even though it’s put in so my sarcastic comments aren’t interpreted as serious, I just sound fucking crazy. “See you soon, hahaha” Hahaha? Is it a joke? No, I really will see you soon but I thought I just wanted to throw that in. Sometimes I try to abbreviate it with just a “ha” so it's not as bad, but really it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment